The Maps SDK can be used to easily add map functionality to applications. It only takes a few lines of code to configure and display a custom interactive map component, that can automatically handle mapping data sources and user interactions such as move, zoom, rotate and changing layers.
As a base map, standard vector or raster based data sources could be used, which are also easily configurable, and could be swapped on the fly by the user. Because the vector format have many advantages over raster based maps, we provide support for the industry standard MapBox Vector Tiles format. The SDK also supports the display of raster layers from WMS and TMS based online mapping services.
The base map can be augmented by layers from KML, GeoJSON or CSV data sources, or programmatically created elements (lines, polygons or points). The display style of the base map and augmenting layers is completely independent from the data sources, and can be freely customised by defining a text based configuration file.
- online vector maps (MapBox Vector Tiles services)
- online raster maps (WMS, TMS, custom services)
- offline vector maps
- offline raster maps
- swappable and customizable map display styles (day, night, etc.)
- vector layers (KML, GeoJSON, CSV, Shapefile + other formats)
- direct addition of map elements (lines, polygons, points, markers)
- handling of user interactions
- handling of location services
- easy integration